Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modern Replacements for PN2907A and PN2222A

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was definately a 200v 470,000uf cap.... That's the one thing I'll never forget watching explode!!!

KABOOOM!!!!!

Covered the soccer field with foil shrapnel.. It's still done once a year at my old college to show the newbies how dangerous big electrolytics are.

What I meant was a Transistor with more gain than the transistors i mentioned. Never mind I found some...

(They are priced perfect for me just to let ya know :)

If you want to show the newbies how dangerous capacitance can be and not trash an expensive cap, make a Leyden jar out of a 5 gallon bucket, charge it with an electrostatic generator, and discharge it into a bridge wire.

You'll get an earth shattering kaboom, and your capacitor will still be intact. Just be sure and discharge the bucket with a conductor on a LONG stick before you approach.

I bought a high voltage inverter transformer, that I am going to have some fun with...

im going to power some low voltage circuits with and watch them explode, (some old stuff lying around)

Lol how would I go about the process of making a 5 gallon lyden jar?:eek:

TheVictim said:
If you want to show the newbies how dangerous capacitance can be and not trash an expensive cap, make a Leyden jar out of a 5 gallon bucket, charge it with an electrostatic generator, and discharge it into a bridge wire.

You'll get an earth shattering kaboom, and your capacitor will still be intact. Just be sure and discharge the bucket with a conductor on a LONG stick before you approach.

News just in.. One of the local car kiddies just had an "accident" with a 1 FARAD capacitor!
The IDIOT connected it the wrong way across his car battery!!!! :eek:
I've just seen the mess it made.. It's gonna take him weeks to make his car nice again!!!!!! :D

Oh how I laughed!! :D :D :D

Often those car audio stiffening caps come with digital voltage displays and are mounted in the INSIDE of the car. They are also available in sizes up to 100 farads. That would just plain blow up the whole car.

The audio smoothing capacitors with digital displays normally have built-in reverse polarity protection; it's only the plain ones that are just normal capacitors that aren't protected.

Shax said:
News just in.. One of the local car kiddies just had an "accident" with a 1 FARAD capacitor!
The IDIOT connected it the wrong way across his car battery!!!! :eek:
I've just seen the mess it made.. It's gonna take him weeks to make his car nice again!!!!!! :D

Oh how I laughed!! :D :D :D

Maybe he was trying for Shed of the Week ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back