Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modem Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

I'm having problems getting my cellular modem to answer. I have DTR (active low) tied to ground. When the system is started, I wait about 8 seconds and then send "ATS0=2" to the modem to cause it to answer on the second ring.

If I dial to the modem, I see ring indicate (RI) flash twice, then nothing. About 10 to 15 seconds later my terminal program says "NO CARRIER".

Am I supposed to toggle a pin or something even if ATS0=2 is given to it?

I have over 240 pages of software documentation for commands and such, and HALF a page on hardware.

I can successfully dial FROM the modem to my computer though and can transfer data reliably for as long as I care. I just can't call from my computer to my modem.

How about you help me?

I'm sorry, because I'm a complete newbie, so I cant help you, but can you suggest to me where I can get the "documentation" you have on modem commands and alike...Please

this is a cellular modem so many of the commands won't work, but most of the basic one will be the same. Let me see if the doumentation is availabe on their website...

I don't see the documents, but you can check for yourself at www.multitech.com

The booklet I have is called "interface guide" and there is also a developers guide that has things like the footprint of the device. Oh yeah, I have the embedded GSM SocketModem. If I knew where my CD was I'd just email the PDF to you.

Occasionally when I dial from the modem to my computer I lose signal. I wonder if thats because my power supply just barely meets the requirements for the modem, but I'm also driving a MCU and a GPS with it (about 150 mA). If thats the case, then that may explain why it won't properly answer incoming calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back