Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile robot using sonar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you saw the example code using Basic Stamp, OOPIC, etc., but it is available. Also, the timing diagrams for connecting the device are all over the internet for your viewing.

By serial port, you mean through the serial port on a PC? How can it be mobile if this is the case?

You need to simply bring the input high for 10uS and low again. This will set the echo output high immediately, then when the ping is recieved, it will fall low again. A simple solution is to use an internal timer on a micro. Find how long it is for each increment, or prescale it internally to a desired value that will fit your counter. Then simply multiply this value by the speed of sound, then you have the distance!

As far as the algorithm, I am not familiar with it.

Steve

I'll bring a laptop with my robot
I wanna know exactly which board can be responsible for contacting with serial port.

I bought Devantage SRF04 13$. It has 5 pins
And I don't know how to connect to my PC.

Do it need any other driver to connect to PC or connect it directly to PC?

Pls explain meeh bout it.

Hey,

Do some searching for software to control that specific device, it would be a lot easier. I will not be able to help you any further since it would require a lot of time that I unfortunately do not have currently. You will need to use 16 bit resolution, rather then 8 bit for this..
Look for software, otherwise you will probably not be able to write your own,

Steve

So may you show meeh how to connect SRF04 to the serial port of PC? I cannot find any tutorial on it. They all sell their perfect board, but I wanna build myself.

Do I have to use a microcontroller go between SRF04 and the serial port?

It have 4 pin available on SRF04, but unfortunately, I don't know how it works.

If you have free time, pls show meeh.

Thanks indeed and best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back