Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile PIR Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beentheunseen

Hi

For a security project I am currently developing, I need a PIR sensor which is on the move. Although it will be moving fairly slowly, I understand this may cause problems as the movement of the sensor can be mistaken for movement of the environment and thus cause false alarms.

Is there any way I could de-sensitise the sensor to only trigger the alarm when a moving intruder is detected, and not as a result of the moving sensor? Perhaps there is a special type of PIR sensor on the market for this application. If not, is there any other type of sensor I could use for this purpose?

Cheers

Been The Unseen

For PIR sensor equal what moving: itself or detected object.Disable the output while moving to other position,enable the output for detecting.... move it with disabled output,...stop...enable output.......
Maybe help this idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back