Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile key pad with bascom project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic2050

hi to all freind:)
i will disply persian characters on lcd 2x16 display same as mobile kepad,for example when
i press key 9 for several i can see charcter that dependent on key 9 and i define other charcter for all key
in persian language write from left to right and persian language have 28 alphabet and several combination letter to this
program that i write i make all font in bascom character creator.this program work perfect
but have problem,i will when i press a key the charcter key show on display in right mean cloumn 16 and row 1 in lcd 2x16 and when i press division key(%)
the cursor move to left mean cloumn 15 and row 15 for entering new character and ...to the end.
but problem:confused:, when i pressing other key the previous character change i will fix previous char and enter new character
anyone can help me to this problem???:rolleyes:
attachment include source in basic and proteus file
thanks

Last edited:
You need to write command 0x04 to the display and it will then shift left after a write. As for the characters changing, this is a problem. The LCD modules can only have 8 user defined characters and so you are changing the displayed character.

Mike.

You can't, the only way to do this is with a graphic display.

You could display messages that only contain 8 unique characters per screen but this is quiet limiting. There may also be displays that have your characters preprogrammed. Check local suppliers.

Mike.

I posted some example code on this thread but unfortunately it's in C. It wouldn't be too hard to convert. If you switch to Swordfish basic then they supply the routines to use a GLCD.

Mike.

You'll probably find that your complete project can be accomplished with the free version of Swordfish Basic. You can get the free version here.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back