mobile controlled home appliences

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnathej

hi this is krishna thej .
interested in doing projects on mobile.thing is i want to controln the home appliences by my mobile.
this can be done by sending message or a miss call to that particular mobile number that controlls the devices.
i request you to please help me in starting this.

I wouldnt do the "missed call" to control appliances, what if someone cold-calls you, or you mum phones etc etc...

It would be better to have SMS control - you can hook up from the mobile to a control system (pic or otherwise), this takes the useful stuff from the message, checks that the
phone number that sent the SMS is a valid person and then does something.

There are a lot of webpages dedicated to SMS messages and PC's so it wouldnt take too much work to move this to a homebuilt project - unless of course you have a pc you can leave running to do all the control.

-Jim

Hi
The DTMF-based GSM controllers are reliable, too. I have used a very reasonably priced commercial system of Probyte OY (Probyte Oy) for years and feel very confident with it. It has a 4-digit password and controls 6 relays.

In addition to commercial systems, there also are a couple of open source equipments.
Personally I like that of Andreas Stefan at Homepage von Andreas Stefan, DL5MGD. The system has a 2 digit password and handles 4 relays. Other possible sources are Dave Robinson (DTMF beacon controller) and FoxDelta (**broken link removed**). The system of Radu Constantinescu has been introduced on this site, too.

I have made an alarm option for my GSM-relay. It calls to two predetermined numbers, when an alarm occurs. The calling is done by attaching the alarm sound to the tephone number and using the voice-recognition of a Nokia phone to make the call. If there is interest in my system, I can post the shematics and the code.

mikkoj

i thank you for this suggestion... can u help me in starting the project wit few more steps... i
mean the things{equipments} which help me in doing this.... i wil be thanful if you can..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…