Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile controlled home appliences

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnathej

hi this is krishna thej .
interested in doing projects on mobile.thing is i want to controln the home appliences by my mobile.
this can be done by sending message or a miss call to that particular mobile number that controlls the devices.
i request you to please help me in starting this.

I wouldnt do the "missed call" to control appliances, what if someone cold-calls you, or you mum phones etc etc...

It would be better to have SMS control - you can hook up from the mobile to a control system (pic or otherwise), this takes the useful stuff from the message, checks that the
phone number that sent the SMS is a valid person and then does something.

There are a lot of webpages dedicated to SMS messages and PC's so it wouldnt take too much work to move this to a homebuilt project - unless of course you have a pc you can leave running to do all the control.

-Jim

Hi
The DTMF-based GSM controllers are reliable, too. I have used a very reasonably priced commercial system of Probyte OY (Probyte Oy) for years and feel very confident with it. It has a 4-digit password and controls 6 relays.

In addition to commercial systems, there also are a couple of open source equipments.
Personally I like that of Andreas Stefan at Homepage von Andreas Stefan, DL5MGD. The system has a 2 digit password and handles 4 relays. Other possible sources are Dave Robinson (DTMF beacon controller) and FoxDelta (**broken link removed**). The system of Radu Constantinescu has been introduced on this site, too.

I have made an alarm option for my GSM-relay. It calls to two predetermined numbers, when an alarm occurs. The calling is done by attaching the alarm sound to the tephone number and using the voice-recognition of a Nokia phone to make the call. If there is interest in my system, I can post the shematics and the code.

mikkoj

i thank you for this suggestion... can u help me in starting the project wit few more steps... i
mean the things{equipments} which help me in doing this.... i wil be thanful if you can..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back