Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixing CMOS and TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

What

Is it possible to Drive a 74LS47 with a 4029? I noticed in the data sheet for the 4029 it said;

"Low power TTL compatibility: fan out of 2 driving 74L
or 1 driving 74LS"

Does that mean as long as the supply voltage is in the range for TTL, the 4029 will be able to output to the 7447?

Also if I use an LM317 to regulate voltage from a constant 12V power supply. Then run the circuit in my car, where the supply voltage will be between 11 - 15V Will the regulated output of the LM317 change as the input voltage does? If so what can I do to have a regulated 5 V supply in my car.

What said:
Is it possible to Drive a 74LS47 with a 4029? I noticed in the data sheet for the 4029 it said;

"Low power TTL compatibility: fan out of 2 driving 74L
or 1 driving 74LS"

Does that mean as long as the supply voltage is in the range for TTL, the 4029 will be able to output to the 7447?
Yes, use a +5V supply line.
Also if I use an LM317 to regulate voltage from a constant 12V power supply. Then run the circuit in my car, where the supply voltage will be between 11 - 15V Will the regulated output of the LM317 change as the input voltage does? If so what can I do to have a regulated 5 V supply in my car
If the LM317 is set to give +5Vout, then it should give +5Vout for an input range from about +8V thru 24V

Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back