Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixing Assembler and PIC C (Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biker12

Hi, i'm having some problems with a project, I need to call some C functions from assembler code and vice-versa. I have been able to call a assembler code from a C code but I can not do the inverse. Someone can tell me how to call a C function from a assembler code? I need to know some things like if the C code must have a main() or if I must save the C code with a different extention of .c

Thanks.

PDT: I'm using the C18 Compiler.

You generally can't invoke C code from within ASM without advanced knowledge of the compiler/linker. Otherwise the only thing you can do is selectivly compile the code you want, dis assemble it and try to make sense of it. It'd be easier to completely re-write the C code in ASM.

Last edited:
You generally can't invoke C code from within ASM without advanced knowledge of the compiler/linker. Otherwise the only thing you can do is selectivly compile the code you want, dis assemble it and try to make sense of it. It'd be easier to completely re-write the C code in ASM.

can't you place assembly code with in __asm tags inside of c?

Hi, thanks for reply. The problem I have with what you said is that the C code and the assembler code are too large and complex and it is imposible to translate them now. I have been looking for some information and I found the C18 User's Guide in wich explains (in the section 3) that it is posible to do, but they didn't say how to compile the C code and if it is necesary to create a library file or something like that.

Thanks.

can't you place assembly code with in __asm tags inside of c?

No I can't, that method is better for a litte block of code and also I want to call a C function from an assembler code, I have already done the inverse that is what you said.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back