Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mistake?! Board doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

szzuk

I had a board made a while ago but have only just gotten around to putting components on it and testing. It doesn't work. Given how simple it is i'm thinking it will be obvious to the reader what is wrong, i hope so anyway. It is an amplifier circuit for the opa549 with bypass caps and just the 2 resistors, i think there is some kind of problem with earthing. I've attached the schematic of the power board i'm using and the eagle board and schematic, i couldn't find a footprint for the exact opa549 so i used a similar package, so the schematic may not be exactly what you were expecting. The traces are on the bottom layer not the top as it appears. I'm getting -50V on pins 5&7 and nothing on pins 10&11.

Any idea?

As I don't use eagle I can only comment on your scematic: The lower rectifier bridge is reversed from what it schould be. If you wired it that way and turned it on you should consider replacing the electrolytic. E

I'm getting -50V on pins 5&7 and nothing on pins 10&11.
Can't see any fault with the Eagle board layout, so the power +V supply itself, or the connection to it, is presumably faulty.

Last edited:
I've added a pic with the eagle board and schematic. The power board works and doesn't seem to give me any problems. It produces +25V and -25V or therabaouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back