Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squintz

Im looking for a miniture camera disquised as something else such as a pen or something. I want to be able to take pictures in a night club without the bouncers kickin my butt. I dont want to use a cell cam because they are to well known

OK i found a Color Digital Mini Spy Pen camera and i baught it. It was only $50 and can store upto 36 pics but they are 160 x 120 pixel wich isnt crap. It saves them as BMP format. Ill let you guys know how it goes. Chances are ill be putting it back on e-bay because it probably sucks. But who knows maybe ill get to save some hooters on my pc with it. Im not sure how its going to handle in the dark.

Got my Pen cam in the mail yesterday. The pictures are ok for a mini cam stuffed into a pen. I have some dislikes tho. I dont like that it also has a speaker which say "Camera" and "Snap" and "Download" and all kinds of other stuff it says... The reasonbeing is because if your in a room which is quiet and you want to secretly snap a photo you here this little voice say "Snap"...Its not very loud so even the littlest bit of noise would cover this up such as a caugh or a sneeze but they could have used some other method instead of sound such as a faint led.

Thats the other thing... This thing has an led on it which is very tiny and all its for is to let you know that power is on. Nice feature but also a givaway that the Pen in you hand is not really a pen. So if your going to take soeones picture they cant be looking at the pen because the led in on the front with the camera lense. I could not find any review on this pen so i decided i should share all the info i can with you now that i got it.

The model number of the pen is HE509... Type this into google and the manufactures web site is like the first site listed. Thepen did have to pass through customes to get here so dont buy it if it is illegal in your country which im not sure why it would be.

The pictures are 160 x 140 pixels which is lousy but not so bad that you cant tell what your looking at. And the steadier you hold the pen the clearer that shot so you cant shoot and walk at the same time because you will just get a big blur. And to shoot you dont hold the pen upright. You hold it in your left hand with the lense facing out and the pen tip to the left. if you dont do this your pics will be on a 90 degree angle.

I will try and post a sample pic.

Attachments

• Samp1.gif
    Samp1.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Samp2.gif
    Samp2.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 385
  • Samp3.gif
    Samp3.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 385
Well, you know... you cant complain too much.. those pics are not TOO bad for something that costs $50 bucks... Not very high quality but you can certainly recognize what you are looking at with reasonable detail.

Also, why dont you take a minidrill and put a micro sized hole through the center of the LED to kill that little bugger. As for the sound, I'm sure you could find a way to disable the speaker too.

Happy spying.. BTW, we're waiting for the hooter pics to show up. jj. :)

Optikon said:
Happy spying.. BTW, we're waiting for the hooter pics to show up. jj. :)

Heh, I was about to post that too. This might be an electronics forum, but I'd be willing to bet that most of these guys here woulnd't mind seeing some of that :)

What we need is a good off-topic forum ;)

Never thought about drilling the led. I just wonderif there is any chance that they may have used the LED as an essential part of the circuit. I never see it flicker or anything so im guessing its just to show that power is on but it has an out Power Off feature which turns the camera off after 30 secondsof inactivity. Do you think the LED being fudged up would mess with that?

As for sound. Well i guess i need it right now because the sound tells you what mode your in such as erase mode or picture mode. With out that i would only be guessing. Just a note: The ciruit is sealed in the pen so there is no accessing it without breaking the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back