Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave VSWR Measurement on Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

I am using the microwave testbench shown in figure for Standing Wave Ratio measurement.
I have two choices:
one using VSWR Meter,other using CRO .
Can I apply the direct formula (SWR=maximum voltage/minimum voltage) to the square wave
displayed on CRO ?

But according to lab manual (SWR=Square root of maximum voltage/Square root of minimum

voltage). Why we are taking the square root ?

[img=https://s3.postimage.org/1bl5dl9xg/vswr.jpg]

Last edited:
Why is there a square wave displayed on the CRO?
I can only assume that your microwave source is amplitude modulated with a square wave.

Normally the VSWR is Vmax/Vmin, but in this case could it be that the detector has a square law amplitude response rather than a linear amplitude response. (The detector is calibrated or has a response which is linear with incident microwave power?).

Not having any knowledge of your microwave test bench, it is difficult to be more helpfull.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back