Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micros with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Wondered how good Linux is for programming Pics and Arduino /AVRs these days and if so is there any particular version more suited to micro work ?

MPlab X is said to be ok for Linux ..?
Arduino software seems available ok and some AVR programs also seem compatible though appears Studio 6 is not ?

Also wonder how effective / easy it is to use Wine and Virtual Windows in Linux for the odd program that is not Linux compatible ?

Getting a bit fed up with all windows continuing problems under W8 and lack of support for perfectly good but older devices.

I've been forced to play with Ubuntu Linux recently, although not for development -- yet.

Its much more stable with 6 GB of RAM instead of 4. Unrelenting hang with live CD MEM @ 4 GB. Occaisional loss of mouse - fixible with the terminal. Flash is required, but support has been dropped. No alternative to Acrobat Pro as far as I know.
Adobe appears to be at war with Linux.

I don't know how to scan. I haven't managed to print the URL when printing, but still running LIVE cd. I have yet to manage to install it on an SSD. No solution for USB device servers.

Supposedly an EProm burner I got will work under WINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back