Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microprocessor parrell port to RS serial converter problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

steevo

Hi not sure if this is the correct forum to post so applogies if its not but here goes.

I have a Able System A261B controller mciroprocessor board that has a parrallel out port which is normally connected to an M260 impact printer mechanism. The printer has failed however. The parrallel connections to the printer are :-

Data Bit 0 to Data Bit 6 Only, with the last data bit being shorted to ground on the A216B board, this tells the A216 controller to use the parrallel port. So it is 7 bit data transfer.
The following connections are also used.
Data Strobe input (Positive Active Edge)
Parallel Busy Output (High = Busy) Ignored
Paper Low Output (High = Paper Low)

What I have tried to do is use a standard 232SPS2 parrellel to serial converter and a windows com port logger to try and log the Asci print characters sent from the A261B controller using a PC and serial rs232 com port logger, but all i get is garbage, and the 232SPS2 converter seems to lock up. Can anybody offer any help, am I approaching correctly, and any ideas why the converter is locking up.

Thanks
Steevo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back