Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microphone help`

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaravind

can neone plz tell me how can a microphone be used as a sensor , i.e if it has to be used as a sound sensor

Depends on exactially what you are trying to do.

But possibly Amplify the sound, Rectify it and send it to a relay or other control device.

jaravind said:
Can anyone please tell me, how can a microphone be used as a sensor? i.e if it has to be used as a sound sensor.
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Microphones sense sound/vibration, so you're not going to be able to do too much else with them. Piezeo effect devices can also be used as strain gauges, but they're pretty fragile.

As to how you'd use them as a sensor, it depends on the kind of microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back