Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micromouse Comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

andynxn

Hi guys, any of you heading of to the Micromouse competition Birmingham UK this saturday (11th June)? I was building a mouse to enter but unfortunatly things ran a bit late and not going to be complete this year. Anyway just woundering if anyone else will be going?

unfortunaly i cant come :( exams !

lol, shame its scheduled for A-Level exam season! (it does not clash with and exam BUT its the 6:30 train to london i dont fancy and i have an exam the day before so cannot travel out)

Anyhow, next year its at Royal Holloway, only have to get the 7:43. lol.

hey am a newcomew need help with my robotics project. i am building an arm that can pick up and transport objects from one place to anther. am a total novice. need help with both sware and hrdwre..plz help me out

neel_19841984 said:
hey am a newcomew need help with my robotics project. i am building an arm that can pick up and transport objects from one place to anther. am a total novice. need help with both sware and hrdwre..plz help me out

neel_19841984 said:
am a total novice

Does not sound like it if you do not know how to do this simple project, you should grade your self as a beginner.

Also great spelling
A++

Sorry guys, I know you are supposed to post constructive comments on this site, and I promise this will be my last non-constructive one - although I do feel they are a little more constructive than our good friend Mr Roboticinfo. The fact is you should never have a go at other people when you are not that bright yourself.

Anyway, talking of spelling mistakes, here's a few classics I found earlier:

They sell servos with full rotation and they are easy to modify a servo todo so. In robotics a populer item to use in robotics is servos, Usually thet have two servos and they connect the wheels to the servo horn, They use them in small robots

The are h-bridges that are ICs which I prefer because they are way cheaper then the motor mind b I believe that you shown me.
Choose you motors first then report back to use.
(what on earth???)

Cheers. Next posting will be constructive - I promise. :)

I only ever post under my own name.

If you had half a brain you would have seen that your alter ego and myself were posting at the same time.

Mike.

Sorry I guess my 1/2 brian didn't see that

Thanks for pointing it out sir

I do not no whic 1/2 I used to write this you think you can help me out?

that means 1/4 to the rest of us

(now if I can just animate my avatar within limits...)

No it wasn't Pommie. A guy at work showed me this site and I thought I'd take a look. Don't have a lot of knowledge electronics wise, but it looks like I'm not the only one. So is anybody going to help this guy out? (neel_19841984) I'd like to see what useful information my "alterego" can come up with.

Cheers.

Roboticmisinfo 8)

To tell you the truth I hate micromouse, I do not see it being that fun.
I like to make robots that look like a charachter like Rodney

**broken link removed**

Other robots like that are boring
even my sumo bots had style on the body
you can see one of my sumo bots on the net but not if you are a 56ker.
It is a video of my at RoboGames 2005
I live extremly close like about 10mins to 5mins away from my home.

Sorry about pics cause you really want to see them but I am to busy with the shed and paying of my tools and my help.

I have to wait till my friend comes back from his trip and till I
have time.

I have spent all of my college money on this online business so I hope it pays off.

Well i see micromouse as a challenge rather than just a hobby. The challenge of getting a imperfect robot to work in a near perfect maze seems silly right? BUT when u see the sort of engineering and programming needed to achieve even a regular mouse you will not see it as silly.

Basically its a competition where robots can be built and compete aginst one another while keeping a certain community. A sumo builder will not give away his secrets to winning as it could mean he loses, but at anual micromouse meetings we get together and talk about problems, how to solve them and watch vidioes in aw as the Jap's beat anyone who thinks they can beat them.

World class mice can run a maze in less than 10 seconds, has sumo's ever had to consider aero dynamics, processing power, sensory input, naviagational telemetry and the holy gail of solving a expertly planned maze?

hehe, well i am a tad bia'ed

I was saying my opinion not the fact, I love making robots with charachter and don't like making something that has no flavor.

Hey if you like it, then have fun.

pfft, micromouse can have character, and style. i've seen mice with googly eyes, go faster stripes, and the holy grail, blue LEDs! ;)

anyway, to the original poster:
micromouse is a fun hobby, welcome to the community!

A good way to get started is with a wall following mouse. these can range from simple mechanical devices, which use their forward momentum to "bounce" off the walls and turn, therefore following the left hand walls, to simple electronic none contact wall followers, which use IR or sonar, with a few logc gates to create the same effect, up to fully featured mice that could become maze solvers with a few K more programming!

i'd suggest building yourself a mini maze, you can find the plans on the net, these are built from MDF and have all the features you can find in a regular, full size maze, but are easy to carry and store :)

Then work upwards, from a simple contact wall follower, to a fully fledged solver :)

Hope to see you next year at MINOS 06 or TIC

Hi, thank you for your tips.

Just one quick question i hope someone might be able to help with, does anyone have any schematics for the IR and Ultra Sonics? Its mainly the receiving circuits that are more inportant.

I do have a part mouse built now, and in the process of making a maze, which i must admit is the most boring bit.
I will be entering something in the TIC next year, wall follower depending on how far i get. Anyone else developing for the comp, now is best time to get cracking :lol:

**broken link removed**

Good introduction, basically anything of similar intensity and wavelength will work. U need to make sure they are matched, i.e. emit and sense same wavelenth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back