Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me design a micromouse robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.adithya

want 2 dseign a micromouse robot....donno wer 2 start xactly....mainly i have probelm regarding the code n program.

Have you done any programming with any language? I see you are struggling with English. Do you have the robot built (by yourself) or bought?

Last edited:
actually i have done programming for a only one project which is a basic one and it involves driving a stepper motor depending on the inputs given 2 micrcontroller and my doubt is reagrding the algorithm used for a micromouse robot..........i searched for it in google and resulted in many links but none gave me 100 percent clarity so..............

actually i have done programming for a only one project which is a basic one and it involves driving a stepper motor depending on the inputs given 2 micrcontroller and my doubt is reagrding the algorithm used for a micromouse robot..........i searched for it in google and resulted in many links but none gave me 100 percent clarity so..............

You won't find any one single algorithm that would be perfect for you. Everybody doing those kind of things struggle with same problems you have. You just need to trust yourself and implement the things you think are important.. and fix things when they go wrong. Just start from simple, basic thing and improve from that.

I want to add that there are lots of talented people in this forum, but you have to be way more specific with your questions. Nobody here has a complete solution for a micromouse robot, but if you need help controlling the speed of a stepper motor or calculating odometry etc, you will get some good help here. Just ask a specific question.

I don't even know what do you mean by micromouse? Do you mean a small robot that needs to solve a maze? Or just a small robot in general? Or a line-follower robot?

PS. sorry for the comment about your English. I'm from Finland and I hate when people write like that.. it's difficult for me to read sometimes and this is an international forum.

Last edited:
yeah i can understand but it was my mistake...got used to this regular chat and i posted my doubt also in the same way and am new to this forum so it was my fault and coming to my point,by micromouse i mean small robot solving a maze.

The classic way to solve a maze is to put your hand on the wall and never let go.

That has to be a wall directly touching the inlet door, not an inner partition wall. And it works good provided you need to get back to the inlet door or to a destination somewhere on the external wall.

The easier level in micromouse usually have a maze that allows a left or right wall following robot to solve it.

The advanced level usually uses a maze where the destination is somewhere in the middle and it can only be solved by full exploration of the maze. :)

As you learn more about robotic maze-solving mice, break up the problem into its component parts.

What is a maze solving mouse robot made of? A system for locomotion (further broken down to motors, motor controller), a power system (batteries, power regulators) ... what else?

When you take a complex problem and split it into smaller, easier problems, you can then start to tackle one little thing at a time. So, pick one of the components and get that working, then add the next, and the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back