Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaisalbe

Hi

I am a postgraduate student and a beginner in micro controller

I need to design a PC interfaced electronic circuit to control relays. I feel switch design is straight forward. I got struck in interfacing the switch with PC.

Is it possible to do with micro controller ?. If it is yes could you please let me know the cheap Micro controller with basic capabilities ?.

I prefer USB interface

Regards

Faisal

Hi

Many Thanks for your response.

I will explain my requirement more clearly. I have done Intel 8085 programming during undergraduate course. It was 10 years back.

Now I need to control relays via PC which means PC will send a command to an electronic circuit to energize relay coil and PC will send other command to deenergize the relay coil. Electronic circuit and relay is straight forward. I can do that.

My problem is how to communicate electronic circuit using PC.?

I guess micro controller together with PC can do that. Is there any alternate solution ?

If it can be done with Micro controller , I need to get familiar with Micro controller first. Can you suggest me where to start with micro controller?

Regards

Faisal

Last edited:
A vote for Arduino. Communications with PC is very easy even for beginners. PIC has great flexibility that you probably do not need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back