Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller w/ Camera to home on an object

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakahany1

hello guys,
i hope this is the right place to post my question :))
Well am starting a new project so i need some of you valuable ideas and comments.
I am intending to use a microcontroller somehow attached to a b/w camera which will be used to home on to an object. That is through simple image processing and calculations it should keep the image or object at the center of the cam , i mean at the center of its view. on the otherside this will be done through correcting the direction and orientation of the rover.
I need you to help me and give me giudelines, where to start and is it feasabel at all or what shall I do?
Am a bit of a starter, so please bare with me now :D

what type of abject are you using?? is it any object? is it a light source, an object that has a specific colour? i thnink that a clour camera would be better, but more processing is needed.

well thanx for replying
first of all i want to know the general theme or the general technique that we will be using then we could fine tune to a specific need. However, i can tell you that am aiming for an irregular shape , generally am trying to use it in OUTDOOR this mean a bright background with almost a gray object or sort of. taking in mind that this will be the only shape or object in the view. color or b/w is not an issue i just thought that it would be easier in processing but have no other concerns.
hope it is clearer now.
thanx guys

Since both of your post contains replies, I am not going to delete it. But better don't do it again.

And yes, its not that people go into one forum more than other. Whenever you log in to the forum and click "View posts since last visit" link, new posts from all forums are listed. And I guess most users check posts this way only insted of checking each forum.

So no matter in which forum you have posted your question, the user will be able to see it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back