Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller parallel eprom emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipsed

In need to make a purpose built emulator for a 27c128, not exactly a "full blown" emulator, but one that can alter a relatively small(less than 256) amount of specific addresses in an allowable amount of time(~100ns).My microcontroller experience is limited to PICs, which I can write code for easily,but even at 40mhz won't do the job fast enough.Any suggestions or advice? Any specific micro/architecture I should have a look at?

A CPLD is perfect for this type of job. Xilinx and Altera both have cheap CPLDs and free software for develpoment. CPLDs are programmable logic devices - you program in the logic gates, flipflops etc. that you need. Most devices claim better than 10ns pin to pin delays. You can get a decent CPLD for $2 to $5.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back