Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller output: lsb vs hsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

hani_a

Hi,

The microcontroller I'm using outputs the least significant bit first, for example, if i want to output 0x1b 0x54 0x0d i get the following at the output:

1011 0000 0010 1010 1101 0001

the analog device i'm programming expects 0x1b 0x54 0x0d at the input... while the above become b0 2a d8 , does it matter which bit is output first, highest or in this case lowest?

hani a.

It really depends on the receiving device, but if you are programming it then it shouldn't be a problem right?..... For example serial comunications RS232 sends the data with the LSB first,

Good Luck

Ivancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back