Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller into 700 kicker amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe G

I was kicking around with a idea of running a pic into an amp to run a piezo for an alarm system, don't know much about automobile amps at all, I got the zx700.5 kicker amp and was pondering how to hook up the pic's pwm into the inputs, and how to connect a set of KSN 1001A piezo,s or similar tweeters?

If its a line input just divide the voltage down to 1v or so with a pair of resistors, and use say a 10uf decoupling cap in series.
You might also need some kind of load resistor, piezo tweeters like the ksn have a weird impedance curve, some amps may become instable with just the tweeter as a load.

thanks Dr Pepper, I got the pwm to run great in the amp, waiting on the piezos to come in. and yes , I'll be using a resistor before the piezo, The regular tweeters worked awesome but not water proof.,lol

I was thinking more of a resistor & cap impedance equalizer for the amps protection rather than the piezo.
If your electrically minded you could ditch the amp, drive the piezo with a fet & put a choke across the piezo to boost the voltage & power.

I originally wanted to use a pic to feed an h-bridge to feed the 1-18 step-up transformer to power the piezo, initialized by a motion sensor, but the amp was a free-be to use for now. and was having a hard time scavenging a transformer. I wanted a mobile alarm for camping and such to attempt to deter critters from my supplies....

You might be able to use the step up trans on the o/p of the amp to louden up the piezo, so long as the impedance is too low, but if its loud enough without fair enough.
Fortunately the only thing that bother syou here in england is insects, maybe a fox, no dangerous animals.

camping its the raccoons getting in the ten. The step-up transformer would of been used w/o the amp., just the battery supply. That amp is just way to bulky for camping, but great as is for the vehicle! made me shut it off real quick!

I've never seen a racoon in real life, I dont think one working its way into my tent would make me happy.

in June I had to wait for a family of 5 raccoons to leave my tent after I scared the "mother on watch duty at my tents door" away. then I had to air out the tent and descard the food out of the small cooler they managed to get into. They are very smart and funny to watch but can be very annoying when they are used to persons who like to feed them,

Last autumn I chucked our english bull terrier out for wee wee's last thing, he came bounding back in with the most confused look, when I looked out the back door there was a hedgehog asleep on the doormat, I bet that wasnt pleasant on his old paws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back