Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchipdirect.com registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

noop

Hello everyone,

I was would like to purchase something from microchipdirect.com, however when I go to register an account, they force you to put in a company name. Eh, I am just doing this as a hobby and am currently a student. Does microchipdirect.com only allow businesses to buy from them, or can I put in none and continue on without being questioned by them.

-noop

Last edited:
So it doesn't matter if I have a company or not? Could I just put in Student?

Last edited:
I guess you could put in what ever you want, but when I ordered samples and I had to put organization I put in the univ/HS name.

The idea for this program is to get customers. Those who will buy large quantity of their part.
Just make up a company name, like Imagitron, or something. Not honest, but who is it gonna hurt. Who knows you may learn something and place a 100,000 piece order later on when you develop a great product?

Just use your college name. Supply companies know that college student purchases are a good way to boost future buisness.
Or put in "prototype development" if it will fit.

Just use your college name. Supply companies know that college student purchases are a good way to boost future buisness.
Or put in "prototype development" if it will fit.

That makes good sense...

I notice that if you are based in the UK you can no longer order samples online. You now need to contact the local rep.

Last edited:
Hi Nigel.

I think you are probably correct but if I need a sample (rarely) I can get them via my workplace who are in contact with the local rep. I just thought it might be of interest to other forum members.

Hello everyone,

I was would like to purchase something from microchipdirect.com, however when I go to register an account, they force you to put in a company name. Eh, I am just doing this as a hobby and am currently a student. Does microchipdirect.com only allow businesses to buy from them, or can I put in none and continue on without being questioned by them.

-noop

hi,
For company, Home Office usually meets the criteria.

it's been a while since I registered but I remember putting "PERSONAL".

when I got the package it had PERSONAL in bold lettering, looked like a dodgy package fnarr fnarr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back