Microchipdirect.com registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

noop

Hello everyone,

I was would like to purchase something from microchipdirect.com, however when I go to register an account, they force you to put in a company name. Eh, I am just doing this as a hobby and am currently a student. Does microchipdirect.com only allow businesses to buy from them, or can I put in none and continue on without being questioned by them.

-noop

Last edited:
So it doesn't matter if I have a company or not? Could I just put in Student?

Last edited:
I guess you could put in what ever you want, but when I ordered samples and I had to put organization I put in the univ/HS name.

The idea for this program is to get customers. Those who will buy large quantity of their part.
Just make up a company name, like Imagitron, or something. Not honest, but who is it gonna hurt. Who knows you may learn something and place a 100,000 piece order later on when you develop a great product?

Just use your college name. Supply companies know that college student purchases are a good way to boost future buisness.
Or put in "prototype development" if it will fit.

I notice that if you are based in the UK you can no longer order samples online. You now need to contact the local rep.

Last edited:
I notice that if you are based in the UK you can no longer order samples online. You now need to contact the local rep.

That's normally a sign that the system has been abused too much, so the country is removed from the samples system.

Hi Nigel.

I think you are probably correct but if I need a sample (rarely) I can get them via my workplace who are in contact with the local rep. I just thought it might be of interest to other forum members.

hi,
For company, Home Office usually meets the criteria.

it's been a while since I registered but I remember putting "PERSONAL".

when I got the package it had PERSONAL in bold lettering, looked like a dodgy package fnarr fnarr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…