Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip inductive touch sensor spacer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSGarcia

I have been looking at the Microchip inductive touch sensor information on their web site and am a little confused about the spacer.

The thickness of the spacer layer should be about 1-3% of the diameter of the coil. Thus with a 0.75" diameter coil, the spacer should be no thicker than about 0.025" which is quite thin. I would rather have 0.5" diameter buttons, but the spacer would need to be even thinner.

One material suggested is resin bonded paper. How do I drill or punch this for a clean hole? FR2 and FR4 and some plastics are also permissible, but I don't know how to accurately "install" the holes and where to find thin material. Am I on track or off-base somewhere? Do I need to look into a laser cutter and would it produce a clean edge?

I would like to use a small polycarbonate box which means I will also need a conductive target. Where would I get adhesive-backed target material?

Thanks,
Dale

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back