Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip dsPIC33F 3.5mm Jack Input/Output Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audioguru might know better which one of your opamps to use, but the LM324N, looks like it can drive 40ma's or better. I didn't read too far into it though, if you're feeding the output directly back into the input you could start oscilating without negative feedback unless it's "unity gain stable". This should be listed in the PDF somewhere opamps don't generally do much better than DAC's on low impedance loads either though, the distortion increases the same was as with a DAC.

Thanks so much for the help guys!!

I think I'm getting it now. I came across some other material that resonated with what you are saying. Fortunately, I got the run down here before reading that and could understand what was going on.

I found this on the Microchip forums (pro-tip: Microchip forums' search is TERRIBLE. Search Google for '%searchterm% site:microchip.com/forum'):

Microchip Technology User Forums

If you scroll about half way down, you'll notice they included a circuit which uses op amps in a voltage follower configuration as well as a headphone amp. Perfect. I'll be purchasing these parts tonight.

So, aside from a LPF, you think I'll be alright on the ADC side? I noticed clipping from when I turned my iPod all the way up in my current configuration so, if anything, I think I'll be good without any amplification, am I right?

If so, HOORAY! :) For the record, I am making a 'Daft Punk table' with this. Search YouTube for 'daft punk table'. Ultimately, it is a coffee table with an array of lights undeneath the surface. I am using the dsPIC to process audio in real time and flash the array of LEDs according to the beats (think bandpass filters measuring magnitude of sounds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back