Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microbrn error with pic18f4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrDiode

hello,
I have tried to program PIC18F4550 using microbrn and have the folllowing error

ROM ERROR at 0x0016
Good 0x0EA5
Bad 0x0E21

I thought that the pic is faulty so I tried too more pics with the same error
note: I program using mikroC
please if any one program this pic please send yr experience

Last edited:
Hi,

Are you using kitsrus.com Kit128 as programmer?
Is it custom built or genuine?
Has it programmed other PICs?
Is your pic supported by Kit128/Microburn at all?

do anyone know a solution for this problem?????????/
also I would want to know from PIC18F4550 programmers using mikroC what is the project properties used

Last edited:
do anyone know a solution for this problem?????????/

No. But I suggest you build PICkit2. Schematics are in PK2 datasheet. Or you can build (or buy) Junebug - the pickit2 clone. It is 2in1 (tutor + programmer) but if you do it yourself, you can build only the programmer part. I have built it and it works *much* better than my old kit128. The latter doesn't support many newer chips and it is not actively developed anymore.

also I would want to know from PIC18F4550 programmers using mikroC what is the project properties used
Try to form your question better.

please , i also have the same pb with pic184550:
did you solved your pb ?
I have
Rom error at 0x0000
good at 0xEF59
bad at 0x2000;
with the menu help at protocol it is said "system mismatch; use old micropro to update firmware to match new microbrn"
Please , how to do it ?
remarque : No pb with pic 18f252 and all pic16

I have used MicroC pro Ide with a 18f4550 and no problems just set the Ide to use 18f4550 and set the configure and your good to good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back