Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro, fpga and plc

Status
Not open for further replies.

afesheir

hi everybody ...

i liked to know what is the difference between microcontrollers, PLC and FPGA ... my background about all these are that thay are programmable ICs to that they can perform complex logic functions instead of large size, high price individual ICs ...

also i liked to start learning microcontrollers, so i want anybody to tell me about any good tutorial FOR BEGINNERS ... all my knowledge about processors are the basics of digital circuitry and some of the uP architecture ... thanks to everyone ...

PLC stands for Programmable Logic Controller, a fully assembeld control system including relays and all the buffering and protection required to directly interface with industrial transducers and output devices.

FPGA stands for Feild Programmable Gate Arrary and is just an IC with a huge amount of logic gates that can be programmed to be connected together in any configureation you desire.

As you probably know a microcontroller is a simple computer on one chip and can be programmed to do a variety of different tasks.

To tell the difference between the aforementioned, you look the part number up on Google and download the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back