Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro controller pinout for stand alone project?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubdh23

Hello i have been using EV boards to do simple projects but i was wondering something very important. For my project i need to use just the microcontoller chip and not the EV Board. Im using a 6812 and im forced to progam the chip then put it on a board with my other components and etch it and everything. How or where can i find what each pin of the motorola 6812 does? Iv been looking for hours and cant find a pinout description. I believe it is 110 pin package. Do the pins correspond to the Header pins that are on the EVBoard? For example the header pins might have IC1, IC2 input capture. Does the pins at the controller have these functions or does it need to go through some extra hardware? Im kinda lost on where or how to start the process. any help is appreciated.

What you need is the Datasheet for your microcontroller. If you read the part number off the part itself and type it (or just the first letters and numbers) into google one of the first hits will probably be the datasheet in pdf format.

The datasheet usualy has pictures of the package near the end and a description of each pin in a big table. For the programming method you describe you probably have a DIP (Dual in line) Package. DIPs go up to 40 pins (I don't recall seing any bigger ones).

The pins on the controller will each have a function. The Input capture is done through a specific pin on the controller.

If you post the part number for the EV poard you are using it would be easier to answer your questions.

Hope this helps
Brent

Nope when i type in the part number it does not give me . This is an extremely common controller and i dont see why there isnt the info online.

Maybe i am looking at the wrong place. It is a 68HC812A4
This is a good example of what i find on these. Notice that the pinout are for the Header pins H1 H2 of the EVboard and not of the pins of the controller itself. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/01/ad812dx.pdf

It is a 112 pin Thin quad flat pack(TQFP) pakage.
Will ecthing this on my own board be imposilbe? I figure i would only use 30 lines maximum of the 112.

OK i found the pin out i still would like to know if it is posible for me to make such thin etching lines and also what should i do to unused lines?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back