Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mic feedback suppressors that works please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr.ronche

Mabuhay!

Anyone said something about making it with a notch filter but i dont know the lower and upper frequency limits. which range of frequencies should be filtered? Please, im very confused. help me please.

If the idea of a notch filter is good, i jus want to know the range of frequecy that should be filtered, i'll take care of the circuit design.

Or does anyone have a better idea or solution to my problem please help.

Thank you. :cry:

A few years ago I worked at Peavey Electronics, they were working on a feedback removal device. It detected feedback and eliminated it, whatever the frequency. I really didn't do much, I was a co-op at the time and was just going through the steps of testing it. What I did learn though is that nearly every room has frequencies that it will amplify depending on the shape and size of the room. Also, it depends on how far apart your mic and speakers are as to what frequencies will be filtered.

As far as I know, there's no one filter you can make to eliminate feedback, but if your speakers are in a fixed position as well as the mic, then you'll need to come up with a way to find out what frequencies are the most likely to create feedback and filter those. I'm not sure that there is a simple way to do it effectively for little cost. There are however, devices you can buy that will eliminate feedback for you, and they are very simple to use.... I did a LOT of testing on them, but that was years and years ago and I don't remember much.

Most of the other people here are much more knowledgable than I am though, perhaps they could help you more than I could.

I agree with Noggin.
I've also tryed the notch-filters many years ago: two tuneable filters was enough for me.When i completely installed the speakers and microphone (and in the room coming min.50 people), i slowly increase the mic.gain upto oscillating. Now with tuneable filter eliminate this effect.In this case i can increase the gain about 15...20%, and started the osillation with another freq.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back