Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

metal detector that will drive motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy_zainal

hi guys...
my lecturer ask me to design a circuit to detect metal and then will drive the motor... basically i used a coil to put above the robot.. the coil will generate magnetic field and detect the metal that we put under the robot (same as line tracking robot)... then it will drive the robot's motor and make the robot follow the metal that we put under it...
i dont have any idea bout it...
can smeone help me??:confused:

what do you mean by "follow the metal" and what size of motor are you talking about?

Hay I was looking at some old circuits i had made before if you had a metal strip on the floor and you wanted your bot to follow it 2 hall sensors would make it like it's riding a track

Last edited:
Hay I was looking at some old circuits i had made before if you had a metal strip on the floor and you wanted your bot to follow it 2 hall sensors would make it like it's riding a track
Don't you think it would need to be ferrous, with at least one source of a magnetic field on board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back