Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memsic 2125

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Look at this: when im done ill post some code and schematics ok.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/uCDKloxRwo4[/embed]

I might change this completely and use the Nokia 7110 lcd i got and have it set pixels across the screen.

Last edited:
Nice Project

Looks good Jason, I look forward to the next installment.

Could that be represented on a GLCD like an aircraft attitude display (my wife and I are pilots)?

**broken link removed**

Funny, this is exactly what I was making up a schematic for. A 3 axis and the LCD. Except, what I want to do is implement shake commands, like some of those MP3 players have to change songs. Shake up once to move the menu item up, down once for down, shake the board away from you to select...

I have no idea how hard it will be to figure out the shakes in software, but hopefully it's not hard.

im sure it can. Its a PWM signal i believe. I created 2 RC filters converting both PWMs to Analog and used the ADC to get the values and code from there.

that shake stuff would be a pain since it always measure so when you place in your pocket it will move hence a shake. Maybe something to determine the last 2-5 positions so u can see if the shake was intentional by it moving in large numbers.

I figured I would use a button to enable the shake feature and a time-out to disable it. The remote I'm planning on would not be put in your pocket anyway.

I'll have the joystick/buttons still, the shake feature would just be a fun add on. It can also have wake-on-pickup as well if I wanted to enable it. The MMA7456 that I'm using takes 400uA while measuring and 2.5uA while on standby. I figure I could wake up the microcontroller and the accel every half second or second and detect changes in order to save power.

Last edited:
It's just a basic home automation remote, so my gas fireplace, select lights, possibly house heat/air conditioning.

i am making the same thing :D Im sure its in a few post :D like remote lights and stuff. I tried with IR and works well but im thinking about RF products like:
SparkFun Electronics - Transceiver nRF2401A with Trace Antenna

Kinda expensive but the range and reliability should be better. Im sure there are way cheaper products out there but thats a hint of something i want to implement in to my remote. I was thinking of the Nokia 7110 LCD but then i might do something crazy like put 2 side by side to make a 192*64 GLCD :D

I have a 128x64 (GLCD) but heh The Nokia runs fine on 2 AA batteries trust me i tried it more than once :D

I just obtained a POS (OMNI 3200) system. it has a 128x64 GLCD also. i want to open it up to see what kind :D

RF for me is still a little iffy. I was going to go with TI's CC2500 low power transceiver. I have a few here on demo boards. So many things use 2.4Ghz now, WiFi, cordless phones, baby monitors... 2.4Ghz is crowded and flaky around my house. The range is okay, but doesn't get from one end of the house to the other.

Then I went to CC1101 900Mhz which looks pretty good. I can get a balun that's made specifically for it on a chip, and a chip antenna, and the part count isn't that high, but CC1101's are out of stock everywhere with a lead time of October.

So I'm kinda stuck now. I bought a few of the Microchip Pictail 2.4Ghz transceivers to experiment. We'll see how they do.

I'd like to use the MSP430 on the controller, but the CCE compiler has a 16k limit and the basic SimpliciTI RF stack takes about 8k, the LCD library takes about 1.5k, I'm really getting memory crunched on it and I don't use these uCs enough to justify the work or cost in getting an unlimited compiler.

Oh yeah, I got a couple of the Cortex-M3 processors. I'll make up a devel board for them this weekend. It would be nice if I could use the two pin serial wire debug, instead of the 5 pin JTAG, but I don't think Crossworks supports it. I'm still investigating that.

cool cool. My remote is mainly for 1 room. And if other rooms are needed like the full house i would just implement a command station with receivers in each room. This way when you walk into a room information on the room appears on the remote and you can then select what to do in that room. But also have the option to control other rooms.

This way range shouldnt be a issue. Also i dont like IR because its point based. I hate having to point it somewhere lol

This is a nice deal but i got no money lol :
**broken link removed**

More of your range:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back