Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Member spec, did you hear of him lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
spec

I see he last visited this site on December 2018.

Any idea where in French Polinesia he is? With Carmen Sandiego, maybe?

I miss his posts.

Pretty sure I have seen him on eevblog.

I think he may have been one of the members upset by some of the goings-on here and left. I'm not certain though.

I can also asked what happened to Eric Gibbs?

OK, no problem, I will go back to sleep.

JimB

Early nap, isn't it? ;)
Just one of those idiomatic expressions that one find in the English language that really means that one is reverting back to a state of not paying attention.

Did I just say that?
I must be feeling philosophical this afternoon.

JimB

As he is now a MOD over at AAC, He spends very little time here..

ETO has a soul. AAC doesnt. There are MANY that prefer a soul. Im one of them. Thats why ETO will stay stable and consistent and reliable. ETO is built for the long road. Not the shiny, short road. ETO is not and never will be a site that tries to impress. Nope. We are in for the long haul.

Here, members dont try to outwit each other with smartness. Nope.

Call it team ETO if you want. Cause its true. Thats why im still here after being a member for many years. Here I can be me...not a person trying to impress. Im tvtech. Nothing more and nothing less.

Love you all. Every one of you ETO.

Here I can be me...not a person trying to impress. Im tvtech. Nothing more and nothing less.

I think your avatar might disagree with your "not trying to impress" view of life.

spec: I encouraged him to join and he rose quickly through the ranks. There was an effort to determine that he was alive. Something, "climate wise" at ETO caused him to bail. It happens.

I was a moderator on a self-help website. I had move and edit capability, but no delete capability on a few subject areas. I rose through the ranks too. A comment by me and inactions of other members and the admin concerning my behavior (suggested a pattern), but NO one, but one person said to stop. Complaints were made to admin, but never to me) Then the admin wanted to use techniques to do what I did to find a member. The admin cannot be above the law so to speak. My punishment was loss of about 1/2 accumulated point values (infraction) on the "first offense" that I was informed about and loss of moderation abilities.

I knew a super moderators real name, email address and state and promised never to reveal it and I never did. This was agreed up fron before the info was exchanged. I was able to infer where she lived, address and phone based on her posts. So, a statement that I made like "she really does live in the boonies" on the website got me thrown out. Did I even allude where the boonies were - never. Didn't I protect her privacy - yes. Did I in the past invade other people's privacy - yes. Did I know I did? Probably in one case where I sent a surprise gift that I found at a "white element" sale. Did any one tell me to stop, individual or admin - just one person. So, how am I supposed to know? The person that told me to stop calling had good reasons, but he invited me to visit if I was in the area. He lived close to a relative not revealing either of our specific addresses or the address of my relative. Intersection was close enough.

The whole incident was SAD, basically. I can't reveal what was going on in my life in this time frame, unfortunately.

Finding where someone lives based on their posts is pretty bad on their part. That process is a lot like trouble-shooting, so it was enjoyable.
The moderation team was a very tight knit community which I didn't belong. They shared facebook pages etc. One guy has a published book.

They were stupid enough to reveal who they were in most cases. It took many posts to do that. I never, ever, ever revealed specific info that was not public knowledge to anyone else "Boy, she really does live in the boonies", doesn't count.

So, haven't been back. As they say S*** happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back