Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring Bs, Br and Hc of an Inductor Iron Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your Gov't pulled the plug on the interweb in 2011 and so your access is extremely limited still. Sorry for your losses. You have many skills to share the world. Stackexchange is more popular but primitive micro-manager in its moderation, I guess is nothing compared to the syrian electronic po1ice.

I am afraid it is more complicated than this.

Most of the time, if not always, it is the other side which apologizes, in one way or another, for not being able to open its door(s) for me in order to avoid breaking the rules of... its free world :) And this started to happen clearly since after the horrible event on 9/11/2001.

I recall now how, about 4 years ago, I was surprised for being able to register in a forum which is related directly to a well-known big American company. It is professional in manufacturing, since long, advanced analog ICs (I even got from it, many decades ago, many interesting application books). So, I had the idea to offer them, as a gift, my work about the simple reliable DSB-SC demodulator (since it could also be made as integrated circuit. IC). And, I just asked them, being professional, to let me know if they found my work useful or not. You cannot imagine what happened next and what sort of reply I received :) Well, I simply received an email to let me know that they are not allowed to communicate with me (since I told them, I am from Syria) and they had to ban me and delete my post. This happened in Christmas season, so, in my turn, I wished them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

I mean, I can't be sure, for example, what the real Canada is, based on what I hear from the various international news agencies, because all what they are instructed to say about Syria, mainly since year 2011, is wrong or, at best, much exaggerated. This is why I suggested not talking, in an open forum (as her), about the reality of any region unless it doesn't contradict what the world's multitudes are supposed to believe... the tales made for adults in every period of time ;)

I read your Gov't pulled the plug on the interweb in 2011 and so your access is extremely limited still. Sorry for your losses. You have many skills to share the world. Stackexchange is more popular but primitive micro-manager in its moderation, I guess is nothing compared to the syrian electronic po1ice.

I am afraid it is more complicated than this.

Most of the time, if not always, it is the other side which apologizes, in one way or another, for not being able to open its door(s) for me in order to avoid breaking the rules of... its free world :) And this started to happen clearly since after the horrible event on 9/11/2001.

I recall now how, about 4 years ago, I was surprised for being able to register in a forum which is related directly to a well-known big American company. It is professional in manufacturing, since long, advanced analog ICs (I even got from it, many decades ago, many interesting application books). So, I had the idea to offer them, as a gift, my work about the simple reliable DSB-SC demodulator (since it could also be made as an integrated circuit. IC). And I just asked them, being professional, to let me know if they found my work useful or not. You cannot imagine what happened next and what sort of reply I received :) Well, I simply received an email to let me know that they are not allowed to communicate with me (since I told them, I am from Syria) and they had to ban me and delete my post. This happened in Christmas season, so, in my turn, I wished them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

I mean, I can't be sure, for example, what the real Canada is, based on what I hear from the various international news agencies, because all what they are instructed to say about Syria is wrong or, at best, much exaggerated. This is why I suggested not talking, in an open forum, about the reality of any region unless it doesn't contradict what the world's multitudes are supposed to believe... the tales made for adults in every period of time ;)

You are more likely to get unbiased reports from Al Jazeera than any sponsor-driven North American news, but the excited States of America has a history of bad decisions in D.C. So they have published a list of do not trust anyone from a list of countries and you must choose a different flag. It's a case of a few bad actors everywhere who are selfish. I only know a few of the stories from my wife's experiences in Tehran. All my Armenian family/friends are very happy to be Canadians.

I agree that accurate models and simulations with stray reactance and losses added are the best way to go.

It is the same story with innovators everywhere that have an idea and think that companies are eager to acknowledge or compensate them for their ideas. In almost all cases, companies in general will give an independent investigator, the cold shoulder. A history of communication with that independent investigator will certainly not work in their favor should there be litigation in the future. It was this way long before 9/11/2001. Your experience is nearly universal. IMHO it is hard to blame specific events that may or may not be responsible for behavior that went on long before those events. Some companies may even have a specific policy with regard to external communications established in the late 19th and early 20th century.

The following article from the early 1990's may offer some insight. It discusses the process of obtaining a patent and trying to sell it to a company that will produce the invention. This article of course predates 9/11/2001 by more than a decade.

Last edited:
You are more likely to get unbiased reports from Al Jazeera than any sponsor-driven North American news, but the excited States of America has a history of bad decisions in D.C. So they have published a list of do not trust anyone from a list of countries and you must choose a different flag. It's a case of a few bad actors everywhere who are selfish. I only know a few of the stories from my wife's experiences in Tehran. All my Armenian family/friends are very happy to be Canadians.
In reality, a real unbiased news agency, local or international, cannot exist in the first place.
But every news agency is supposed to know how to convince its audience that it is created to be unbiased and to tell them the truth as it is. Otherwise, it can't survive for long, due to lack of continuous supports.
After all, since always, spreading tales made for adults is very well paid while telling the truth is usually done for free if not seen, sometimes, as a crime that deserves a severe punishment.

I recall, since you mentioned Al-Jazeera, how it was broadcasting military commands to some groups of Islamist mercenaries which were exported to Syria since year 2012. The first time, I witnessed this fact, was when it broadcasted that my neighborhood was occupied by one of them. The news was so convincing to the point many of my neighbors started to flee their houses. I told them: Did any of you see or hear any sign that such mercenaries (actually terrorists who used to launch, over our houses and streets, mortars and short-range missiles almost daily and for years) could be around here? None of them said "yes I did". Then, about 30 minutes later, we heard that our neighborhood is under attacks from the terrorist side. Fortunately, the attacks failed. Since then, every time I heard that a place (anywhere in Syria) was newly occupied by certain armed mercenaries (UN and Al-Jazeera used to present them as being brave Syrian rebels looking for Freedom and Democracy), I tried my best to know what was really happening in that place. It turned out that the same scenario of my neighborhood was repeated over and over. In other words, every time Al-Jazeera announced that a certain place was occupied, it was a military signal for the armed mercenaries near of that place that it is time for them to attack it. Very clever indeed :) I wonder which source, international or local, dares or has an interest to reveal this truth. Yes, even the local channels had to play the ignorant as they had to do always because... Hmmm... let us have a rest :)

It is the same story with innovators everywhere that have an idea and think that companies are eager to acknowledge or compensate them for their ideas. In almost all cases, companies in general will give an independent investigator, the cold shoulder. A history of communication with that independent investigator will certainly not work in their favor should there be litigation in the future. It was this way long before 9/11/2001. Your experience is nearly universal. IMHO it is hard to blame specific events that may or may not be responsible for behavior that went on long before those events. Some companies may even have a specific policy with regard to external communications established in the late 19th and early 20th century.

The following article from the early 1990's may offer some insight. It discusses the process of obtaining a patent and trying to sell it to a company that will produce the invention. This article of course predates 9/11/2001 by more than a decade.

Don't you mean my story?
I personally wasn't expecting anything from this company. And I was very clear that I was pleased to let them know what I did about something known universally as being non-existent. The worst, I was expecting, was to get a negative reply like saying: "your demodulator is wrong (or has no importance)".

If I was looking to be rich or famous, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to move to USA and work in one of its big companies when I was 30, besides continuing my high studies for PHD (as an MS graduate from AUB in Lebanon, holding many outstanding recommendations from its professors). But, they cannot be blamed at all for not imagining the possible existence of a man as I am :D

Yes, your story. You said that you wanted them "to let me know if they found my work useful or not." This is exactly the kind of expectation that they would be highly unlikely to fulfill before or after 9/11/2001. In other words, you were seeking validation for the intellectual effort that you put in. It was an unrealistic expectation on your part for reasons that should be manifestly obvious.

Yes, your story. You said that you wanted them "to let me know if they found my work useful or not." This is exactly the kind of expectation that they would be highly unlikely to fulfill before or after 9/11/2001. In other words, you were seeking validation for the intellectual effort that you put in. It was an unrealistic expectation on your part for reasons that should be manifestly obvious.

Now, I got what you like to tell me. Thank you.

It is natural that there is always a certain misunderstanding for a while because, we like it or not, there are different worlds (different in many aspects) on the same planet, called Earth.

For example, if I were an American, I wouldn't join their forum in the first place and offer them a gift, because I would know in advance that having trust (them and I) in others is non-sense while there are rules made to regulate almost all sorts of transaction.

On the other hand, when I visited China for business, about 15 years ago, I lived the inverse of this. To Chinese, at least the ones I met, friendship and trust come before rules and contracts. So, when I returned home, and a payment might be delayed by banks, they didn't mind sending me the goods (to save me time) even before they received their money because we were able having a mutual trust. Also, I used to believe them when they had some technical problems which prevented them to send me the goods at time.

Also, I recall when I was 23, I went to 'Nantes' (a city at the west of France by the Atlantic) as an undergraduate trainer at the offices of the 'Electricite de France' for two months (in summertime). I needed a full month (30 days) before I discovered that looking for a male friend means to the locals there that I have to be gay! Naturally, after this great unexpected discovery, I didn't hesitate to talk with the first beautiful local girl I met where I work. From the first minute, she was very friendly while I was introducing myself. On the same day, she invited me to her house where she lived with her mother (her father was dead a few years earlier). At last, I had there a good friend to talk with (yes, just to talk :) ) besides visiting many places in her city including various restaurants every time we needed a break, till she had to leave for a sort of camping. My point is that what I lived in Nantes was exactly the reverse of what I live in my city. Here friendship could exist between two of the same gender only, though they are all natural sexually (as it is the case everywhere, there might be some exceptions :) ). For instance, I got the name 'Kerim' (with the French ‘errrr’) from the girl of Nantes who used calling me with this name. Unlike all names of my relatives of my age or younger, my ID name is Abdul-Karim (the slave of the generous, to Muslims it means slave of Allah :) ) which happened to be the name of my grandfather (a Roman Catholic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back