Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring an RF signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

udir

Hi All,
I would like to ask for your opinion:
I need to measure an RF signal (RMS value).
Its Frequency is 1Mhz, and RMS output should be up to 100V..
I can do that easily using Scope, But I seek for simpler methood, like using an ordinary DVM .(That dosnt go for such frequency's).
I seek for "dummies" mehood.Does anyone have a clue how to do that?
Thanks
Udi

an rf probe like this.... you may need to make a chart for it with some known RF voltages.

Attachments

• rfprobe.JPG
    rfprobe.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 129
Thanks for he quick reply!
A full rectifier bridge is something I also thought about, but you will need fast diodes for that at this Frequency?
The output would be DC or something close to that.Dont you use a capacitor at the end in order to smooth the ripple?
Udi

take a closer look.... it's there.... the only "ripple" is from modulation, but the time constant of R3C1 averages most of that out too...

Thanks.
I will probably need to reduce the input V.
Will a simple voltage devicer be suffice?
Udi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back