Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCU 8051 family why don't we discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

giaosucan

I've been here for long time .I see everybody in this forum
always discuss the PIC ( a MICrochip's product)
As I know ,there are many type of MCU ,such as 8051 ,AVR ,PIC
and others .Why don't we discuss 89c51 .Although It has not many
feature as PIC , but its price is very cheap .
I think some project which is not complicated ,we can use 89c51
it runs well , i sure that

Last edited:
Be specific

Give details to get answers to the point.

i'd like to using atmel 89c51 for their asm language and their price.Altough about one year i haven't do any project so far.But I liked MCS familly instead of PIC in this time.In future I'll just leap into 8051 directly. And also there is a lot of variety MCS-51 product.When you want to move or jump to other microcontroller it's easy for 8051 to jump others but PIC not. PIC meaning bla bla. ONce i made a project with a pic and i was really regretted by using it and also they are expensive than others Mcus.

Last edited:
I started studying 8051 from the Mazadi Book and desperately wanted a simulator. A few dayas, ago, I was suggested Keil and I downloaded it and it is excellent.

The trouble was when I had to select a device... There are over a score of manufacturer making litrally over a 100 devices which are not compatable featurewise.

Which one do I learn? Which of these devices are available? Can I get then when I need them?

Too many manufacturers also pose as big a problem as few manufacturers... The device becomes a bit non-standard....

moreover, PIC was easier... :)

lord loh. said:
I started studying 8051 from the Mazadi Book and desperately wanted a simulator. A few dayas, ago, I was suggested Keil and I downloaded it and it is excellent.

The trouble was when I had to select a device... There are over a score of manufacturer making litrally over a 100 devices which are not compatable featurewise.

Which one do I learn? Which of these devices are available? Can I get then when I need them?

Too many manufacturers also pose as big a problem as few manufacturers... The device becomes a bit non-standard....

You can start with Philips P89C51RD2. Its a very good 8051 core with on-chip 64KB Flash, 1KB SRAM, 256 Bytes IRAM, 5 PWM Channels etc.

On top of that the most exciting feature of 89C51RD2 is that you dont require any hardware for programming. Just connect it to computers serial port and use FlashMagic (www.esacademy.com) to download your hex file into controllers memory (In System Programming). This feature is very helpful in prototyping as you don't have to remove your controller from target PCB everytime you want to change your program.

lord loh. said:

if you couldn't find philips. you can use Atmel 89S51,52,53
https://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2487.pdf

I think you can find it anywhere in the world. Because they are best seller of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back