Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCS-51 Development Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Wilder

Not sure if anyone here has ever seen or used this as I've never seen it mentioned here, but there's a really neat open source IDE software for the MCS-51 family. It's layed out and works very similar to Microchip's MPLAB IDE, but it's made for MCS-51 uC's. Here's a link to it if anyone is interested in trying it out --

http://mcu8051ide.sourceforge.net/

I've used it to write my 8051 code and it works very well with no issues. It even has a simulator that will let you run, animate and single step through your code.

Last edited:
Does it support C++ programming language ?

Jon..... Have you used this software yet?...... I have been using it with SDCC... I found the breakpoints manager a bit.....well bad.... The other parts are good though... It does simulate (albeit slow).

Have you experienced this? It may be just with SDCC.

Yes Ian...it is what I use for all of my MCS-51 development coding, although I code in assembly hence I use the built in assembler myself.

I've also used the simulator, although I haven't tried it with break points yet. Perhaps I'll do some testing with it today and see what I come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back