Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC14500B - a 1 bit industrial processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkham00

You must be very old to remember this chip. MC14500B was a metal-gate CMOS chip that, with its simple 16 instructions, could be the core of a PLC.
Apart from the datasheet of the chip and of the companion I/O chips, there was a booklet with a red cover that explained how to use it.
If someone has a PDF of that booklet ... I'd like to have a copy :)

Here is the chip image and the booklet cover

**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

You must be very old to remember this chip. MC14500B was a metal-gate CMOS chip that, with its simple 16 instructions, could be the core of a PLC.
Apart from the datasheet of the chip and of the companion I/O chips, there was a booklet with a red cover that explained how to use it.
If someone has a PDF of that booklet ... I'd like to have a copy :)

Here is the chip image and the booklet cover

hi,
I have got an original of that book, its 106 pages long!

Also have 6 new MC14500B you can have, no charge.

PM me your address and I'll post them both off to you if you are interested.

If you prefer tell me which pages you want I will scan and post on the forum.

Attachments

• MC145inst1.png
    MC145inst1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 677
Last edited:
hi Marco,
Posted the MC14500B manual and ic's to you today, 1st class.

Let me know when they arrive.:)

MC14500B Handbook

At last, after an endless work of scanning and with many thanks to the great kindness of EricGibbs that sent me the book, here is the scan of the whole, old and apparently hard-to-find Motorola MC14500B Industrial Control Unit Handbook (1977).

Attachments

• Motorola MC14500B Industial Control Unit Handbook.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 1,902
Any one know of a replacement or another chip that has the same pin out
I would like to build the demonstration project in te book
or do any of you know of a better demonsration project?

Last edited:
Any one know of a replacement or another chip that has the same pin out
I would like to build the demonstration project in te book
or do any of you know of a better demonsration project?

hi,
Whats your location.?:)

hi,
Whats your location.?:)

Last edited:
Very interesting....This is what i have been looking for from the past 3 months...

I have been doing a project of a making a 4 bit processor with 8 commands using discrete components. And this is the perfect chip to which i can draw parallels and explain when i'm demonstrating it.
Is this available in the market?

Very interesting....This is what i have been looking for from the past 3 months...

I have been doing a project of a making a 4 bit processor with 8 commands using discrete components. And this is the perfect chip to which i can draw parallels and explain when i'm demonstrating it.
Is this available in the market?

hi,
Whats your location.?

That would be great. :)But could you tell me how much would the shipping be? Coz usually the shipping to india usuallycosts a damn.:mad: And i could probably get it ordered from one of our local suppliers cheaply if given enough time instead of paying the exorbitant shipping.

That would be great. :)But could you tell me how much would the shipping be? Coz usually the shipping to india usuallycosts a damn.:mad: And i could probably get it ordered from one of our local suppliers cheaply if given enough time instead of paying the exorbitant shipping.

No idea about ship cost to India, find out the local cost for the ic and we will decide on what you find.:)

RE: MC14500B 1-bit processor

I have a copy of a VHDL description of this device. The whole thing covers barely 2 pages. It was done by : eric@brouhaha.com. A website of Brouhaha.com does exist, and he is a staff member there. I have attached hist posting and other related info.

If you have means to implement in an FPGA let me know, OK?

Best Regards

Hanno

Attachments

• SCAN0019.JPG
    SCAN0019.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 453
  • SCAN0020.JPG
    SCAN0020.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 405
  • SCAN0021.JPG
    SCAN0021.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 392