Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX7219 With 8x8 LED matrix x4 (Oshonsoft Basic Compliler).

DogFlu66

For years, I have wanted to experiment with LED matrices, and I finally found the time to do it. I wrote a small test program that displays the well-known and popular message "Hello World!" scrolling from right to left on the LED banner.

I am including the test program and the library I wrote. The library uses the internal MSSP module of the PIC, operating in SPI master mode with a clock speed of 4MHz (internal clock 64Mhz).

Matrix Leds.jpg

For those who want to see it, I leave the link to the video:
[
]

I have updated the files, just simplified some functions (2024/06/02).

Attachments

• _SetUpAmicus18.bas
    2.9 KB · Views: 42
  • _Pic18F26K22Library.bas
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Main Test.bas
    2.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Max7219SPI_Library.bas
    17.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks T.
I have several similar screens running with C, but I haven't had time for oshonsoft yet, let's see if during the June holidays I can get them up and running, first some that have I2C, then others through SPI and finally the touch ones.

I have several similar screens running with C, but I haven't had time for oshonsoft yet, let's see if during the June holidays I can get them up and running, first some that have I2C, then others through SPI and finally the touch ones.
Hi D,
It will be quite a while before I need TFT screens, as my project takes me ages to move forward. When I started my project I chose SPI over I2C, so I bought all of my peripherals, with SPI, I've had some SPI TFT screens for a couple of years so far.
C

Hi D,
It will be quite a while before I need TFT screens, as my project takes me ages to move forward. When I started my project I chose SPI over I2C, so I bought all of my peripherals, with SPI, I've had some SPI TFT screens for a couple of years so far.
C
Most TFT screens are SPI anyway, the only I2C screens I've seen are the tiny 0.96 inch OLED ones.

Back