Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

max232 cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade24

I looking at using a max232 and it show 2 charge pump caps. anything special
about these or will any elect. cap the right size work
thanks

I looking at using a max232 and it show 2 charge pump caps. anything special
about these or will any elect. cap the right size work
thanks

hi,
Electrolytics are often used with no problems, use the recommended values with a 16Vwkg rating.

Hi,

use the MAX233 - no external charge pump caps - same function. Everything is on board already.

Boncuk

Yes that's correct. But you can get the 232 chip significantly cheaper, even including the price of the caps.

also, be aware that there is an A version (232 vs 232A) that uses smaller caps. I prefer the A since I can use ceramics.

Last edited:
I've used monolithics quite successfully in at least 5 designs. Like any other charge pump, just make sure they're voltage-rated higher than your output voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back