Markings on DS18S20 sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng1

My sensors are marked
DALLAS
DS1820

I ordered the DS18S20, I'm pretty sure. Are the 1820 and the 18s20 ICs marked in the same way?
I thought I would have read the internal ROM code with a PIC, but it turned out that it is the same for the two chips (0x10).

I'm just curious to know if I've got the parts I ordered.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have some DS18s20 sensors that are definitely the DS18s20 but are labelled DS1820 just like yours.

As far as I know the DS18s20 is just the replacement for the original type of DS1820 which had some problems and is no longer available.

picasm said:
I have some DS18s20 sensors that are definitely the DS18s20 but are labelled DS1820 just like yours.
I'm glad to hear that Thank you.

picasm said:
As far as I know the DS18s20 is just the replacement for the original type of DS1820 which had some problems and is no longer available.
I didn't know that the DS1820 had problems. They are compatible but the maximum conversion that time has changed (it's longer for the DS18S20). **broken link removed**'s a sort of migration document, if anyone is interested.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…