Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Markings on DS18S20 sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng1

My sensors are marked
DALLAS
DS1820

I ordered the DS18S20, I'm pretty sure. Are the 1820 and the 18s20 ICs marked in the same way?
I thought I would have read the internal ROM code with a PIC, but it turned out that it is the same for the two chips (0x10).

I'm just curious to know if I've got the parts I ordered.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have some DS18s20 sensors that are definitely the DS18s20 but are labelled DS1820 just like yours.

As far as I know the DS18s20 is just the replacement for the original type of DS1820 which had some problems and is no longer available.

picasm said:
I have some DS18s20 sensors that are definitely the DS18s20 but are labelled DS1820 just like yours.
I'm glad to hear that :) Thank you.

picasm said:
As far as I know the DS18s20 is just the replacement for the original type of DS1820 which had some problems and is no longer available.
I didn't know that the DS1820 had problems. They are compatible but the maximum conversion that time has changed (it's longer for the DS18S20). **broken link removed**'s a sort of migration document, if anyone is interested.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back