Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making FM or AM Receiver help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiputipu0051

Hi guys...please see the following links and tell me about this video is this fake or not:

Now i have tried several times by putting exactly same components like in this videos, but i couldnt hear a single sound... i want to make a simple fm receiver.

please help me with the following circuits..just explain how the simple radio is working...i can only see one transistor , one capacitor and few resistors...if you can understand this videos please send me simple schematic of the following circuit......

1. YouTube - Mystery reggen - simple(st) FM receiver? (FM)
2. YouTube - Simple VHF/FM receiver (FM)
3. YouTube - Electronics I Lab AM Receiver Project (AM)
4. YouTube - AM receiver using transistors
also please tell me what is a tank coil or circuit and feedback coil......i mean i have made a simple resonant circuit by putting variable capacitor and a inductor in series... and then i made another coil that can grab info...(i mean mutal inductance) then im trying to amplify the sound from that second induced coil...is that how it works...also when the circuit is ok then is it necessary that the radio makes buzzing sound? i have many transistors for audio amplify...i can use 10 transistors but i dont know how.....please help me in this....
please explain it in simple words, i dont wana waste my time on searching web anymore...

Please don't double post. This is in "chat".

Do you have hundreds of FM stations all over the dial in India like we have over here? Then a super-regen "radio" will pickup many stations at the same time and be overloaded by many local stations.

The quenching oscillation in a super-regen "radio" will beat with the 19kHz stereo pilot and 23khz to 53kHz stereo sidebands and make many noises.
The super-regen "radio" has an AM detector. It receives FM when tuned to one side of the station (slope detection) but the slope is not linear which causes distortion.

Do you have hundreds of FM stations all over the dial in India like we have over here?
Only 30's you've over there, and almost 10's I've :D It is not the no. of stations but the quality of transmission including popularity is the point to take. There're hundreds of low range educational transmission over here too. Who'll listen them? I'll say you have 15+ good quality transmission + 10+ crap transmissions.

We have so many high power FM stations that we need a pretty good quality FM radio to separate them. A super-regen radio was used 40 years ago when there were not so many high power FM stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back