Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making aN electronic dice with Pic Axe 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

richystab

i am building an electronic dice i have tried two different circuits so far and am having trouble downloading the actual program please can anyone help me?? i need a full working circuit.. pls
rich

hey, so you too know about the PICAXE chips available on the market!!!

from what i know of the "08" it can hold a maximum of 5 I/O pins. The sixth pin is for programming, and the other 2 pins are for power.

So really you can only do it by using the 18A or 18X

here some help you can get from another forum-www.picaxe.com. Just go to support->forums.

BTW-i hope you realise that the PICAXE range is really not that good for practical projects! The actual program you write is written in the onboard EEPROM section. A boot loader which comes pre-programmed into the chip actually reads these EEPROM data bytes and does it's thing. Where as if you did it the conventional way eg. writting the program into the program space is much more efficient that wasting your eeprom space.

But this is exceptional with beginners-it's alot easy to program what you want into it!!!

I am not familiar with PICAXE but depending on type of LED
interface, you could use 4 outputs for LEDs and one input to
"roll the dice". The trick is to arrange LEDs in pattern like
on regular dice (6 LEDs in "6" arangement and one in the center
for numbers like 1,3 and 5). You will have to check if the operating
power can be high enough (5V is just fine) so you can power 2LEDs in series.

LED arangement:
C-B
DAD
B-C

Output states:
A - used for "1", "3" and "5"
B - used for "2" and "4" and "6"
C - used for "4" and "6"
D - used for "6"

Since A is the only output to drive single LED, resistor will be higher
value than other three.[/code]

Status