Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

theevilworld

hi people. i have a question. Go easy on me.
I want to make a kill switch of some sort for my car.

What im proposing is to put a switch to disable my fuel pump power.

How would i go about this? I have absolutely no clue. im a n00b.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 146
They're are normaly fitted into the boot (trunk) of the car and are activated by a trembler switch should the vehicle stop suddenly as in a crash.

If you wish to operate it from the drivers seat you will need to fit a selenoid operated valve in the fuel line and a toggle switch in the car. Disconnect the battery during the fitting to prevent sparks.

I assume that you plan to hide that switch ... makes sense to. There's a slim chance that depending upon your vehicle's computer controller, an error code could be set if you try to start the car with the switch off resulting in the SERVICE ENGINE light illuminating or whatever device is used to alert you. To extinguish that lamp, you'd either have to disconnect the + battery terminal for several minutes or use an OBDII scanner to reset it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back