making a sensor door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey all,

I would like any information about every type of sensor doors, as i need one for a model house i am building. It would be helpful if you include how dificult the sensor door your explaining is, because the sensor door isnt the bulk of my project and i would like to keep it simple.

I would also like it to sound a door bell when it opens if possible.

and ideally have some type of locking (so when your out people cant just walk in)

thx heaps in advance :wink:

The simplest would be one of those magnetic sensor ones, where there is a magnet on a side of the door and on the door frame there is a sensor that is triggered by the magnet, not sure if it's just a switch that gets attracted by the magnet or a hall sensor or somethin, but you could no doubt find one at home depot or lowes

Zach, its a simple reed switch, encapsulated in plastic and it often has two extra (dummy) wires to confuse wouldbe 'experts' trying to bypass it.
Klaus

thanks guys, but i know how to open the doors, im using a rack and pinion gear system, i just need a sensor to make the motor turn the gears..... :wink:

more replies would be appreciated

no one knows of a sensor that when detects someone it runs a motor to open a door, and can be locked in some way or another (de-activated)?????

thx :wink:

rancid rock said:
no one knows of a sensor that when detects someone it runs a motor to open a door, and can be locked in some way or another (de-activated)?????

thx :wink:
IR proxy detector

Have you looked into RFID? I don't know too much about it, myself, just enough to think it may, for you. You give a tag to each person (or whatever) you want the door to open for, and that is when it opens.
Regards,
Robert

akg, lol, i cant read your way more sophisticated mind than mine, plz use longer answers to explain.

thx, srry, lol.

oh and i'll look into RFID thx robert :wink:

rancid rock said:
akg, lol, i cant read your way more sophisticated mind than mine, plz use longer answers to explain.

thx, srry, lol.

oh and i'll look into RFID thx robert :wink:
it's my fault . i'll describe whats in my mind
a ir tx,rx combo is placed above the door. so when a person comes near , ir reflects back ,which is detected by the receiver and door openes. after a timeout period (say 20sec) , the door will be automaticaly closed.

the rfid system is good and effective, but i feel it would be a more complex than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…