Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making a sensor door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey all,

I would like any information about every type of sensor doors, as i need one for a model house i am building. It would be helpful if you include how dificult the sensor door your explaining is, because the sensor door isnt the bulk of my project and i would like to keep it simple.

I would also like it to sound a door bell when it opens if possible.

and ideally have some type of locking (so when your out people cant just walk in)

thx heaps in advance :wink:

The simplest would be one of those magnetic sensor ones, where there is a magnet on a side of the door and on the door frame there is a sensor that is triggered by the magnet, not sure if it's just a switch that gets attracted by the magnet or a hall sensor or somethin, but you could no doubt find one at home depot or lowes

zachtheterrible said:
The simplest would be one of those magnetic sensor ones, where there is a magnet on a side of the door and on the door frame there is a sensor that is triggered by the magnet, not sure if it's just a switch that gets attracted by the magnet or a hall sensor or somethin, but you could no doubt find one at home depot or lowes
Zach, its a simple reed switch, encapsulated in plastic and it often has two extra (dummy) wires to confuse wouldbe 'experts' trying to bypass it.
Klaus

thanks guys, but i know how to open the doors, im using a rack and pinion gear system, i just need a sensor to make the motor turn the gears..... :wink:

more replies would be appreciated :D

no one knows of a sensor that when detects someone it runs a motor to open a door, and can be locked in some way or another (de-activated)?????

thx :wink:

Have you looked into RFID? I don't know too much about it, myself, just enough to think it may, for you. You give a tag to each person (or whatever) you want the door to open for, and that is when it opens.
Regards,
Robert

akg, lol, i cant read your way more sophisticated mind than mine, plz use longer answers to explain.

thx, srry, lol.

oh and i'll look into RFID thx robert :wink:

rancid rock said:
akg, lol, i cant read your way more sophisticated mind than mine, plz use longer answers to explain.

thx, srry, lol.

oh and i'll look into RFID thx robert :wink:
it's my fault . i'll describe whats in my mind
a ir tx,rx combo is placed above the door. so when a person comes near , ir reflects back ,which is detected by the receiver and door openes. after a timeout period (say 20sec) , the door will be automaticaly closed.

the rfid system is good and effective, but i feel it would be a more complex than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back