Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a output voltage 5v

Status
Not open for further replies.

wealth210

Hi
I want to making a output voltage,belowing is the demand:

1. Output voltage is 5v+/-1%,that means the range is 4.95V~~5.05V.
2. The load is 1.0A +/-30%,that means the range is 0.7A~~1.3A.
3. The temperature of working is 10℃~~40℃.

what electronic parts shoul I choose and what problem shoud I notice.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

First and foremost...You need a precision regulator...The common 78 series isnt good enough...around 4% at best.

Have a look at Google, lots of material..

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

hi,
What is the input voltage to the 5V regulator.?

First and foremost...You need a precision regulator...The common 78 series isnt good enough...around 4% at best.

Have a look at Google, lots of material..

Yes,I agree with you.I consider 78series first,but give up later.And then I consider LM317,but I need to keep an eye on the heat/temperature which will influence the output voltage and the through maximum current.
I think the choice of regulatot for me to make this item is very important.LM317 outputs 4.92V~~5.05V@1.0A +/- 30% has no problme during the short period,but under 40℃ with long long time,it is very hard for me to do that now.

you want a large input voltage to output voltage ratio, a relatively large load current, tight tolerance and you want it to work in extreme temperatures where your caps are going to be stressed as well. oh - and you want it for free. good luck with that.

It sounds like your requirements are over-specified. I've seen that happen too many times. Somebody wants to use the 5V supply as a 1% reference and demands the whole 1A meet the tolerance. Push back.

it's very expensive electronic part.Would you like to provide one cheaper?
If you want a precision regulator: it's going to be expensive.

You need to use a precision voltage reference (<0.25%), precision resistors (<0.1%) and a low offset op-amp for the error amplifier.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back