Making a output voltage 5v

Status
Not open for further replies.

wealth210

Hi
I want to making a output voltage,belowing is the demand:

1. Output voltage is 5v+/-1%,that means the range is 4.95V~~5.05V.
2. The load is 1.0A +/-30%,that means the range is 0.7A~~1.3A.
3. The temperature of working is 10℃~~40℃.

what electronic parts shoul I choose and what problem shoud I notice.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

First and foremost...You need a precision regulator...The common 78 series isnt good enough...around 4% at best.

Have a look at Google, lots of material..

hi,
What is the input voltage to the 5V regulator.?

First and foremost...You need a precision regulator...The common 78 series isnt good enough...around 4% at best.

Have a look at Google, lots of material..

Yes,I agree with you.I consider 78series first,but give up later.And then I consider LM317,but I need to keep an eye on the heat/temperature which will influence the output voltage and the through maximum current.
I think the choice of regulatot for me to make this item is very important.LM317 outputs 4.92V~~5.05V@1.0A +/- 30% has no problme during the short period,but under 40℃ with long long time,it is very hard for me to do that now.

you want a large input voltage to output voltage ratio, a relatively large load current, tight tolerance and you want it to work in extreme temperatures where your caps are going to be stressed as well. oh - and you want it for free. good luck with that.

It sounds like your requirements are over-specified. I've seen that happen too many times. Somebody wants to use the 5V supply as a 1% reference and demands the whole 1A meet the tolerance. Push back.

it's very expensive electronic part.Would you like to provide one cheaper?
If you want a precision regulator: it's going to be expensive.

You need to use a precision voltage reference (<0.25%), precision resistors (<0.1%) and a low offset op-amp for the error amplifier.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…