Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making A Firealarm (Alevel!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

likkle

Ok im making a firealarm for my Alevel project and need some recomendations on what Chip On Board to use

Basically i need links to anything that can help me on the whole firealarm subject

Im located in the UK

Thanx
Liam

Do you need to use a Microcontroller or just sensors ?

You can make a "Heat detector" using the LM35 - Temperature Sensors.
I dont know anything about smoke detectors though but you can get a real smoke detector , open it and see how its working...

Ok i didnt explain what im doing (tired ;) )

(this is what ive been TOLD! to do)

There is a bulb , next to this an LDR when the smoke dimmers the light this will trigger an alarm (which needs to be turned off)

Ive been told to use a COB and an IDA2002 to make the alarm sound

But they didnt say what sort of COB , and the IDA2002 is just an amplifier im pretty sure that you can get COBs which do the lot

What is a COB? All you need is a comparator and something to drive the alarm, if the comparator is not able to drive it direct. I suggest you post your circuit here and ask for comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back